Blog

  • Home
  • Appointment
  • Brantmcl

Brantmcl

China prepared for intercontinental backlash over Hong Kong national security law

Beijing is probably “Prepared for the worst case scenario” Of a worldwide backlash following the Trump administration’s decision to certify that Hong Kong is no longer suitably autonomous from mainland China.

National People’s Congress of an answer calling for a national security law in the city. But Beijing’s retaliation is based on US action, i was told that.

“These hazards us states] Are what we needed. but they’re futile in preventing the passing of the law. We have prepared for the worst of all scenario, said Ruan Zongze, Senior research fellow at China Institute of program Studies, A think tank under China’s unusual ministry.

The spat between China and the US over Hong Kong moved to the UN on tuesday, With Washington requesting a critical meeting over the city, Which Beijing refused to accept to proceed. The Chinese mission to the UN said the request was “Baseless” And the laws was purely China’s internal affair.

The resolution to craft a tailor made national security law for Hong Kong is expected to be put to a vote at the end of the nation’s People’s Congress on Thursday afternoon. The proposal has drawn world-wide alarm, With US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo declaring a day earlier that he had informed Congress the city no longer cared for a high degree of autonomy, “Given facts in a tree,

“This decision gives me no pleasures. But sound policymaking requires a a reputation of reality, he said. The Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act of 2019 necessitates the State Department to certify at least annually that Hong Kong retains enough autonomy to justify its favourable treatment on trade, divide to that received by mainland China.

US assistant secretary of state russian ladys David Stilwell said the White House would decide how to react, there are including sanctioning of officials and revoking Hong Kong’s special trading status.

Ruan and his fellow informative Shi Yinhong, Director of the Centre of american Studies at Renmin University of China, Agreed that a revocation of Hong Kong’s special trading status was unlikely.

“I think the us government is quite hesitant about how strongly they should react to s charge]. It’s unlikely that they’ll revoke Hong Kong’s special economic status because that would also hurt America’s interest in Hong Kong, Shi described. But Shi said he expected it would be a long procedure that could drag out to five or even 10 years.

“After the choice by the NPC, There will be launch in Hong Kong. The US will act correctly and, whenever, It causes tensions in Sino US relations, Shi had to talk about, Adding that the interests and economies of both countries already weakened by the coronavirus pandemic would be severely hurt using this method.

China has so far received vocal support from a few of its staunchest allies including Russia, Iran and as well,as well as the Cambodia, Who have said the regulations is China’s domestic affair.

appreciate the fact no official reaction from Beijing to Pompeo’s remarks, But Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said Beijing would hit back with countermeasures if the US was to punish Beijing for the move.

Hu exclaimed on Weibo, China’s Twitter like social media shopping cart, That Hong Kong maintained its position as a global financial centre because of its ties with the mainland, as opposed to the stance of the US.

Help us understand what you are worried about so that we can improve SCMP and provide a better experience for you. We would choose to invite you to take this five minute survey on how you engage with SCMP and the news. The supporters of the left wing Vetevendosje party braved rain as they stood with masks and gloves in evenly spaced rows in the center of Pristina, Keeping in line with anti virus measures. The dispute centres on whether Kosovo should hold new elections to replace the Vetevendosje led government that collapsed in a no confidence vote in March.

Bolsonaro urges Brazil supreme court to shelve news probePresident Jair Bolsonaro slammed Brazil top court on Thursday for investigating an alleged disinformation and intimidation campaign involving his supporters, As a political crisis mushroomed amid the country snapping COVID 19 outbreak. In his escalating potential fight with the top court, Bolsonaro said it was incorrect that a judge had approved police raids on Wednesday into the homes of business leaders, Bloggers and lawmakers accused of spreading lies and violent foes.